Protego Labs, a cutting edge startup, is redefining application security for the serverless cloud world. Our team is comprised of elite researchers & developers. We’re building a purpose-built defense solution to prevent today’s (and tomorrow’s) attacks on serverless cloud applications, fighting bots & DDoS attacks, in a dynamic and exciting startup environment.
We are looking to hire a Data Scientist, based at our R&D Center located in Jerusalem.
What makes this position unique?
Be part of an amazing team that is literally inventing a new application security segment and tackling a broad range of multi-disciplinary challenges. Build security solutions driven by data science, in an environment of high velocity, and constant change.
What we are looking for
An experienced Data Scientist who will join the team to help us discover security insights hidden in vast amounts of data application behavior data, and drive smart security decision making for serverless cloud applications. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
As a Security Data Scientist you will:
- Select features, build, and optimize classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Mine large datasets using state-of-the-art methods
- Extend company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhance data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building security and defense solutions
- Create automated anomaly detection systems and track their performance
- Engineering, Mathematics, or Computer Science Degree
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Spark, Impala, Hadoop and toolkits such as R, Weka, NumPy, MatLab, etc.
- Excellent understanding of several statistical and machine learning models (such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.)
- Extensive experience with data analysis tools such as R, Python, Matlab
- Fluent in Python
Cybersecurity Experience is an advantage.